About the job
We are looking for an experienced chef for our residential care home in Frenchay, Bristol.
Duties will include preparing and cooking breakfast, lunch, dinner and cakes and snacks for residents between meals. You will follow menu guidelines but need to be adaptable to make changes to suit resident preferences and seasonal availability. You will also contribute to kitchen and food safety records and in ensuring the kitchen environment is clean and tidy. Our residents are individuals, and they all deserve to be treated as such and in addition to working in the kitchen you will have the opportunity to talk with them and help brighten up their day as you work.
About you (the candidate)
Our priority for this job role is to find someone with the right attitude and behaviours to match our own! You need to be an enthusiastic chef who also likes interacting with others.
Above all we want someone that has:
– A commitment to quality and being the best we can.
– A genuine interest in food and cooking.
– Great standards of customer service.
– Excellent standards of cleanliness and infection control.
– Showing dignity and respect to the people that they will be working with.
– Working well together as part of our team.
Are these important to you?
About us (the employer)
Frenchay House is part of AbleCare Homes, a South West, Bristol based family run residential care home company set up in 1983. We have six homes in our group all based in South Gloucestershire and Bristol. We are committed to providing quality care.
AbleCare Homes are proud to be a Real Living Wage Employer.
A full range of our Employee Benefits can be found on our website.
To find out more about what we do please have a look at our Facebook page @familyablecare.
Qualifications are not necessarily required, we are looking for someone with experience of working in a commercial kitchen.
Training and benefits
• Competitive pay at the Real Living Wage or above.
• Participation in our pension scheme.
• Subsidised DBS check, full payment returned after three months of employment.
• Guaranteed hours.
• Special bank holiday rates.
• Paid holidays.
• Overtime rates.
• Paid participation in regular Covid-19 testing.
• Payment for time and travel to Covid-19 vaccinations.
• Subsidised staff uniform.
• Paid to attend comprehensive induction training.
• Paid to attend comprehensive training in all aspects of care and re-fresher courses throughout your employment.
• Option to join additional training courses including Level 2 diplomas.
• Regular paid staff meetings throughout the year. We value your input and listen to your ideas.
• Regular paid supervisions throughout the year to support your development and for you to discuss any concerns or areas you would like more support with.
• Free confidential counsellor to hand whenever needed, whether for personal or work-related issues.
• Access to professional Cognitive Behaviour Therapy courses.
• Free confidential employee stress helpline available 24/7.
• Supportive, friendly, family atmosphere to work in.
• Meals provided for staff dining together with residents.
• Employee of the Week and Employee Referral schemes.
• Recognition for staff who go the extra mile, regularly put forward for regional and national awards.
• Opportunities for progression within AbleCare Homes – many Care Assistants go on to become Seniors, Deputies and even Home Managers over their career with us.
To apply for this job please visit www.ablecare-homes.co.uk.