Be the difference, change lives – apply today!
We are looking for confident, creative and compassionate support workers to join our supported living location in Bristol.
You will be working with young people with Autism and behaviours that challenge. In their own home and supporting with all aspects of daily living, providing opportunities for growth, personal development and independence.
- 28 days paid holiday per year (inc. bank holidays)*
- Make a genuine difference to someone’s life
- Blue Light Card
- £200 bonus after 3 months service, £100 after 6 months service and a further £100 bonus after 12 months service
- Pension scheme
- Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements
- 15% overtime enhancement on hours over 37.5 per week
- Fantastic training and development
- Refer a friend scheme (earning £100 – £400 per referral)
*pro rata for part time staff
About The Role
- You’ll support people with all aspects of daily living, including cooking, cleaning, shopping, meal prep, personal care etc.
- Help the people you’re supporting become more involved in their communities
- Support people socially and to enjoy hobbies and activities, like swimming or cycling
- Assist with volunteering/employment opportunities
- Support with holidays, trips and days out and more
- Bank holidays
- Candidates that are adventurous, friendly, encouraging, supportive, respectful, and resourceful
- People that share our values
- Good level of spoken & written communication
- Full UK driving license
- Previous experience working with people with Autism would be an advantage, but above all else, you must be confident in you approach
- Prepared to lone work and be able to recognise and respond to behavioural communication in order to support people with complex behaviours positively at home and in the community.
New Starter Benefits:Paid DBS check
At Affinity Trust, all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, provided by Affinity Trust.
We promote diversity and inclusion within our workforce.
Affinity Trust is committed to being Disability Confident. As part of our commitment, all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview.Provider Details:
Affinity Trust supports over 900 people with learning disabilities across England and Scotland, enabling them to live as independently as possible.
We have a track record of supporting people with more complex needs including autism, mental health needs, and profound and multiple learning disabilities.
Set up in 1991, we have grown steadily ever since. Behind this success is our belief that everyone with a learning disability has the right to an active and fulfilling life.
Whether enabling people to live in their own homes, giving opportunities to enjoy community-based activities, or supporting people into work, we aim to ensure that those we support can live life to the full.
We support people with a range of needs, from those who need just a few hours a week to people who require round-the-clock support.About you:
To apply for this job please visit affinitytrust.org.