Website Age UK Bristol
Age UK Bristol is looking for bank Support Workers to join our friendly team, primarily for our new Home Support service, but we will also be able to offer the opportunity to work at the New Beginnings Day Centre too.
You will also benefit from:
• Flexible working hours to suit you
• 6% employer pension contribution
• Training and support
• An employer which values its staff
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver home visits to older people and support them to access the community.
- Plan and deliver contact time with service users.
- Be creative and engage service users in activities and conversation they enjoy
- Deliver activities in a safe way and ensure all activity with the service user is safe to the best of your ability
- Use IT devices to maintain records and keep contact with the office remotely.
- Provide person-centred support to service users, empowering them to take control and lead the way whenever possible
- Maintain accurate records in a timely fashion
- Work under the guidance of senior staff in advising and introducing new customers to the Service.
- Liaise with volunteers, carers, and professionals as required.
- Participate in review of support plans.
- Report any concerns to Senior Staff.
- Work within the values, beliefs and policies of both Age UK Bristol and BAB at all times and to promote these to service users, carers and other stakeholders.
- Take part in line management, supervision and appraisal as required.
- Access training and attend seminars/conferences as necessary.
- Comply with all AUKB policies and procedures and with relevant legislation, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding Adults at Risk and Equalities.
- Carry out other duties which are commensurate with the post.
AUKB helps make sure that everyone in Bristol can love later life by supporting and empowering older people, helping other organisations to work together, and championing the interests of older people in the city.
The overall aim of Age UK Bristol (AUKB) is to improve the lives of older people in Bristol. Within this overall aim, our organisational objectives are to:
• Provide top-quality services and support to all older people in Bristol
• Lead and enable collaboration between other orgs working with older people in Bristol
• Influence public spending and policies in a way that benefits older people in the city
• Promote positive attitudes to ageing in Bristol
Experience of working with older people or in the care sector is not essential. It is more important that you enjoy working with people, have an empowering attitude and are reliable. Our staff support people to be as independent as possible, they are kind and take proactive steps to enrich lives.
Paid travel time between calls
To apply for this job please visit www.ageuk.org.uk.