An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our PBS team at Freeways who support adults with complex needs, learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorders and behaviours that challenge, at our supported living service based in Filton. The service is located close to several local bus routes.
- To provide support to our residents, promoting individuality, identity, rights, choice, privacy, independence, dignity and respect through informed choice.
- To respond to the particular needs of individual service users in relation to the nature of their learning disability or other support need (including mental or physical health).
- Contribute toward the development and implementation of PBS plans, strategies and risk management.
- Support our service users to achieve positive outcomes and to enable them to participate in their local community.
- Work within policies and procedures to administer medication as required.
- When required, support service users with personal care, domestic tasks and maintaining their home.
- To complete and maintain written records.
- 28 days (pro-rata) annual leave entitlement (including public holidays), increases up to 35 days (pro-rata) with length of service
- Excellent induction and training programme that exceeds industry standards
- Opportunity to complete the Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Prospects for progression within the company – many of our support workers have gone on to become Team Leaders, Assistant Managers, Trainee Managers and Service Managers with us
- Company sick pay
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance cover of twice your annual salary (subject to rules of the scheme)
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Free DBS check every 3 years
- Occupational health provision
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour access to a counselling and legal helpline
Freeways are committed to keeping staff and service users safe during the pandemic and have implemented a number of safety measures to reduce the risk of infection. Some of our roles are subject to mandatory coronavirus vaccination (unless exempt).
Freeways are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds. This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS and Adult Barred List check.
We are a local charity that supports adults with learning disabilities. We are a highly regarded provider of supported living services and are passionate about helping people to become as independent as possible by supporting them to make choices, learn new skills and make links with their local community.About you:
Are you passionate about enabling people to have a meaningful life, to have new experiences or develop new skills?
Are you resilient to work with people who communicate through their behaviours and put the complex needs of people first?
We support some of the most vulnerable and marginalised adults in our society, no day is ever the same; we are looking for passionate, resilient and committed individuals who are willing to share in some amazing and challenging experiences.
We welcome applications from people with experience as well as those considering their first role in social care and have the right personal values and approach. Staff will be fully inducted and trained in a range of positive support approaches.
To apply for this job please visit www.freeways.org.uk.