An excellent opportunity has now arisen for several Support Workers to join our residential and supported living services in Bristol on a full time permanent basis.
In our homes you will be working with a supportive and friendly team where everyone is treated as the individual they are; You will support our residents using person centred support, individual scripts and communication stories with the aim of empowering individuals to have the very best life.
Our goal is to be the provider that people choose to be supported by, that professionals choose to work with and staff choose to work for because we ensure that the people we support are at the centre of what we do and are supported by the information they need to make their own choices and be in control of their lives.
- To carry out and undertake specific and general tasks which will provide good quality of health, welfare and well being of the residents.
- To contribute, develop and implement residents individual care and person centre plans.
- To work flexibly to meet peoples’ support needs
- To communicate effectively and professionally with all persons in the residents life.
- To work as part of a centre team
- To work effectively and professionally within the policies, procedures, aims, objectives and philosophy of the company with your colleagues.
- To provide support to our residents, promoting individuality, identity, rights, choice, privacy, independence, dignity and respect through informed choice.
- To respond to the particular needs of individual service users in relation to the nature of their learning disability or other support need (including mental or physical health).
- When required, support service users with personal care, domestic tasks and maintaining their home.
- To complete and maintain written records as required.
- 28 days annual leave entitlement (including public holidays), increases up to 35 days with length of service
- Excellent induction and training programme that exceeds industry standards
- Opportunity to complete the Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Prospects for progression within the company – Many of our support workers have gone on to become Team Leaders, Assistant Managers and Managers with us
- Company sick pay
- An Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour access to a counselling and legal helpline
Freeways is a local charity that supports adults with learning disabilities. We are a highly regarded provider of residential care and supported living services. The aim of our services is to help people to become as independent as possible by helping them make choices, learn new skills and make links with their local community.About you:
Previous experience as a support worker is desirable but not an essential since all training needs will be provided for you including the opportunity to gain a diploma in Health and Social Care. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds. Appointment to this position will be subject to a successful DBS check
To apply for this job please visit www.freeways.org.uk.