Website Right at Home Bristol
It takes a truly special person, with the right personality and a passion for making a real difference, to work for Right at Home.
Right at Home is an award-winning homecare company with a professional and can-do approach.
Our care delivery is friendly, caring, committed and is inspirational to our Clients.
The aim of 24-hour live-in care is to enable clients to remain in their homes with as much independence as possible, carrying out the tasks in a professional, discreet and caring manner whilst respecting the clients’ dignity, privacy, property and confidentiality.
• Ensure the highest possible levels of care provision are maintained at all times
• To undertake all duties in accordance with the policies and procedures of Right at Home at all times
• Liaise closely with the Registered Manager at all times, reporting any concerns, changes or difficulties regarding clients
• Duties will include aspects of personal care to allow Clients to maintain their personal hygiene, appearance and physical comfort
• Assisting in the preparation and making of meals, drink and snacks, enabling people who use our services to maintain a good level of nutrition and hydration
• To provide assistance with other tasks of daily living which may include cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness of their environment, shopping, laundry and bill paying
• To assist Clients to take medication as identified in their care plan and depending on the level of training received by the individual CareGiver
• Participate in team meetings, staff events, attend any training provided by the company and reviews as required
• To work as part of a team with colleagues and work closely with other agencies involved with the Clients care for example District Nurses and contribute to the effectiveness of the Right at Home team
• To work in accordance with the weekly work schedule and maintain timely records such as communication sheets and MAR Charts in a clear, legible and professional manner
• To provide social support, talking and listening to the Client, helping them to maintain contact with friends and family and other contacts in potentially isolating situations
• To contribute to the safe moving and handling of Clients to maximise their physical abilities and mobility
• Act on own initiative and exercise decision making skills, as far as possible and wherever appropriate and develop knowledge and good practiceQualifications:
• Previous experience working in a Live-in Care role desirable but not essential
• Must possess fluent verbal and written English language communication skills
• Able to demonstrate good organisational and time management skillsProvider Details:
Our Clients depend on their dedicated Live-In CareGivers to support them on a 24-hour basis with the daily activities of living in their home. This will include not only assisting with the client’s personal care needs but also their social welfare. The role may include shopping, cooking and will include light housekeeping duties.About you:
• A genuine desire to make a positive difference to the lives of others with the ability to promote wellbeing through positive attitude and work practices
• The ability to work on your own initiative and be a well-integrated team member.
• Willingness to participate in continuing professional development
• Flexible and positive approach to work patterns/schedules and business needs
• Excellent punctuality, reliability and a strong desire to accomplish operational goals and objectives
• Caring, friendly and empathetic approach to client group with the ability to build professional relationships
• Ability to remain calm and collective in a difficult and pressurised situation
Paid travel time between calls
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.