We are looking for a part-time (20 hours per week) Support Worker to be working at our new Supported Living service based in Weston-Super-Mare.
– Salary up to £9.20 per hour dependent on experience
– 27 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays (full-time allowance)
– Contributory pension scheme
– Death in service benefit
– Employee assistance programme
– Opportunity to do further training
– Cycle to work scheme
– £0.45 mileage allowance
As a Support Worker, no two working days will ever be the same. You will have plenty of challenging but exciting opportunities to work with individuals of various complex needs and situations.
Taking responsibility for engaging and involving Service Users in the development of their personal targets and support, you will work as part of a dedicated support team providing 24/7 cover in a residential service.
Specifically, you will:
– Facilitate, motivate, encourage and empower Service Users to live their life to their full potential and develop personal targets as agreed in the support plan
– Develop, review and maintain risk assessments for Service Users using information provided by local authority, staff observations and other available information, including input from the Service User
– Facilitate meetings required with external professionals and make appropriate notes
– Maintain the Service User portfolio which shows evidence of progress made towards achieving the aims of the care plan
– Develop an open, honest and considerate working relationship with Service Users
To be considered as a Support Worker, you will need:
– Experience gained within a similar role within the care sector
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– The ability to manage own time effectively and prioritise workloads
– A person-centred approach
– The ability to plan for yourself and others
To apply for this job please visit cintre.org.