Website The Horizon (New)Ltd
We are urgently looking for day or night Support Workers to form a team who will provide 1:1 support to our female client living in her own bungalow in Lawrence Weston.
You will be supporting the adult to run her home, by cleaning, preparing meals, laundry, shopping, ensuring security of the home and her safety at all times.
Providing personal care and medication, facilitating attendance of any appointments
Our lady likes shopping. You will be taking her out into the community to shop or for a meal in a pub on foot or in a car.
Playing games and occupying her time with meaningful activities.
De-escalating any challenging behaviour using positive behaviour approaches only.
You will be supported by senior members of the organisation and an on call senior staff.Qualifications:
- Experience in support worker with people with learning difficulties.
- Positive behaviour training but not essential as you will be trained.
- Ability to reflectively use the principles and standards of care at all times when with our client or when providing support.
We are providing 24 hour supported living support to vulnerable adults in the community.
We serve the community we are based in.
- Personable person with patience to engage with people who are at high risk of non engagement with daily routines.
- Ability to lone work and work under no direct on site supervision.
- Good communicator and friendly.
- Ability to offer options and activities that improve quality of life of our client.
- Be experienced and have the ability to self direct 1:1 support to our client.
To apply for this job please visit www.thehorizon-new.org.uk.