Thomas More Project
• Excellent pay rates
• 30 days annual leave including bank holidays increasing to 31 days after 1 year and 32 days after 2 years (pro rata for part time staff)
• 10 days paid sickness leave, 8 days discretionary leave (rolling 12-month period) (pro rata for part time staff)
• Contributory pension
• Option to buy or sell one day of annual leave per year
• Free meals when working at our care home site.
• Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development to widen your career prospects
• Plenty of free local street parking
• To provide high quality support and care, including personal care to people living in our care home, supporting them to live a fulfilling life as independently as possible in the community.
• To provide high quality support to individuals in their own home based on assessed need, person-centered plans, risk assessments and housing related support that meet the requirements of the tenants in our (Supported Living) accommodation.
• You will be required to be flexible and work at both locations from time to time the locations are a mile apart and commutable by car or foot.
• Completing of required paperwork on shift to ensure effective communication between shifts and staff members.
• Supporting residents with daily life skills, such as laundry, bed making, preparing meals and drinks in the kitchen.
• The individual must have completed a Care Certificate or NVQ2
• The individual must have a minimum of 12 months experience in the care sector
• Car Driver would be advantageous to be able to take our residents out in the community
• The individual must be able to use their own initiative at all times and be a real team player with a can do attitudeProvider Details:
Thomas More Project is a charity supporting people with learning disabilities to live the life they choose. We are committed to providing the best possible support and to improving and developing our services now and in the future. We provide homes that enable people to live as independently as they can.About you:
You will have a positive outlook and a sense of humour - a ‘glass half full rather than half empty’.
In this role you will help adults to maximise their independence in a friendly and pleasant working environment.
As part of a team, you will use your energy, experience and skills to provide outstanding care and support in welcoming, supportive, enabling, stimulating and safe environments.
We provide ongoing learning and development opportunities to enable our motivated, competent and excited staff to thrive, who in turn to enable the people we support to flourish.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.