Thomas More Project
30 days annual leave including bank holidays increasing to 31 days after 1 year and 32 days after 2 years (pro rata for part time staff)
• 10 days paid sickness leave, 8 days discretionary leave (rolling 12-month period) (pro rata for part time staff)
• Contributory pension
• Option to buy or sell one day of annual leave per year
• Free meals when working at our care home site.
• Excellent pay rates
• Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development to widen your career prospects
• Plenty of free local street parking
• Carry out regular checks around the home at intervals determined by the Home Manager and with due regard for clients’ privacy.
• Answer emergency alarms, assess the situation, deal with the client seeking help
• Assist care users preparing for bed and waking in the morning as directed
• In the time available between attending to care users, undertake domestic duties primarily in the fields of laundry and ironing, food preparation or cleaning as directed
• Read and write reports in case notes and any other documentation instructed
• Carry out other reasonable duties as may be required
• Maintain a thorough handover at the start/end of each shift
• The individual must have completed a Care Certificate or NVQ2
• The individual must have a minimum of 12 months experience in the care sector
• The individual must be able to use their own initiative at all times and be a real team player with
a can do attitude
The Thomas More Project is a charitable organisation supporting people with learning difficulties. Support is provided by The Thomas More Project to three individuals living within a shared home and eleven adults with learning difficulties in a relaxed and friendly residential care home. Staff work across both services, but tend to focus on one service or the other. The balance of care/ support depends on the service and needs of the individual.About you:
You will have a positive outlook and a sense of humour - a ‘glass half full rather than half empty’.
In this role you will help adults to maximise their independence in a friendly and pleasant working environment.
As part of a team, you will use your energy, experience and skills to provide outstanding care and support in welcoming, supportive, enabling, stimulating and safe environments.
We provide ongoing learning and development opportunities to enable our motivated, competent and excited staff to thrive, who in turn to enable the people we support to flourish.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.