An exciting opportunity has arisen within Freeways to join our new purpose built supported living service for 3 individuals with complex needs. The service is set in tranquil surroundings on the edge of Leigh Woods.
We are looking for Night Wake – Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Assistants to work as part of a small team under the guidance of the PBS Manager to provide high quality consistent support in line with best practice and appropriate regulatory, contractual and legal requirements. Working nights between 9.30pm and 8am you will assist our residents with any issues that arise during your shift as well as ensuring that paperwork is up to date.
· To provide support to our residents, promoting individuality, identity, rights, choice, privacy, independence, dignity and respect through informed choice.
· To respond to the particular needs of individual service users in relation to the nature of their learning disability or other support need (including mental or physical health).
· When required, support service users with personal care, domestic tasks and maintaining their home.
· To complete and maintain written records as required.
· 28 days annual leave entitlement (including public holidays), increases up to 35 days with length of service (pro-rata)
· Excellent induction and training programme that exceeds industry standards
· Opportunity to complete the Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
· Prospects for progression within the company – Many of our support workers have gone on to become Team Leaders, Assistant Managers and Managers with us
· Company sick pay
· An Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour access to a counselling and legal helpline
· We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all candidates.Provider Details:
Freeways is a local charity that supports adults with learning disabilities. We are a highly regarded provider of residential care and supported living services. The aim of our services is to help people to become as independent as possible by helping them make choices, learn new skills and make links with their local community.About you:
The ideal candidate will be working towards or willing to undertake the Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care and have experience relevant to the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.freeways.org.uk.