Bristol City Council is the data controller (on behalf of Proud to Care Bristol) for the purposes of the Data Protection Act and other regulations including the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), which means it determines what your data is used for and why it is collected.
Personal information and data is collected on the Proud to Care Bristol website when:
- Care providers fill in a form to submit a job vacancy
- Individuals visit the website – all websites do this
and have given their clear consent.
- We use the information you submit to advertise the vacancy on the website.
- We may also use your information in some analysis of how the project is working.
- From time to time we may include you in our marketing activities. We will share your contact details with Ways2Work, our employment support service, and other Council departments. On some occasions we may share information with the close partners we work with, especially on employment and skills projects. You can opt out at any point.
- Bristol City Council reserves the right to decline, edit or unpublish any job vacancy at any time
The Proud to Care Bristol website contains webforms which can be used by visitors wishing to submit their contact details or other useful information. If you enter your details on the form, it is sent directly to a Bristol City Council email address.
Any data you submit will be used solely by Proud to Care Bristol and/or Bristol City Council for getting in contact with you or where applicable providing the services that you’ve requested.
Links to social media
The Proud to Care Bristol website has links to its social media pages and accounts. Proud to Care Bristol doesn’t collect any personal data through these links. Please check each social media platform for their privacy policies or contact them directly if you have any questions.
Sharing button for social media
The Proud to Care Bristol website has links to external websites. Proud to Care Bristol and Bristol City Council takes no responsibility for the content or data protection on these sites. Please check their privacy policies or contact the organisations directly if you have any questions.
When we may share your data
Proud to Care Bristol and Bristol City Council may share your information without asking you if:
- the law says we must
- there is a risk of serious harm or threat to life.
Proud to Care Bristol sometimes stores small files called ‘cookies’ on your computer or other device to help improve your experience on the website. Our cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
How to see the information we hold about you
Under the Data Protection Act, you can ask Proud to Care Bristol and/or Bristol City Council for the following information:
- confirmation that your personal data is being processed by Proud to Care Bristol and/or Bristol City Council
- a description and copy of the personal data
- the reasons why the data is being processed
- details of who we have, or might, give it to.
Data Protection Notification
You may view Bristol City Council’s Data Protection Notification by searching for its registration number – Z5873747 – on the Information Commissioner’s website.
Contact the data protection officer
Senior Data Protection Officer
Bristol City Council
ICT Commissioning and Information Governance
P O Box 3176
V1.04 (Updated 09/10/2018)