Privacy statement for www.proudtocarebristol.org.uk
Privacy statement: what we do with your personal data
Your privacy is important to us and we take great care to protect it. You can visit our website without giving us your personal data.
Proud to Care Bristol collects information when:
- Care providers fill in a form to submit a job vacancy
- Individuals visit the website – all websites do this
- We use the information you submit to advertise the vacancy on the website.
- We may also use your information in some analysis of how the project is working.
- From time to time we may include you in our marketing activities. We will share your contact details with Ways2Work, our employment support service, and other Council departments. On some occasions we may share information with the close partners we work with, especially on employment and skills projects. You can opt out at any point.
- Bristol City Council reserves the right to decline, edit or unpublish any job vacancy at any time
- The site does not have any forms to collect your personal details.
- The information found in each job vacancy is the responsibility of the recruiting employer.
- Website and email links you click on within each job advert belong to the recruiting employer. Bristol City Council is not responsible for protecting data you provide to recruiting employers.
This website contains webforms which can be used by visitors wishing to submit their contact details or other useful information. If you enter your details on the form, it is sent directly to a secure Bristol City Council email address.
Any data you submit will used solely by Bristol City Council for getting in contact with you or where applicable providing the services that you’ve requested.
Links to social media
This website has links to our social media pages and accounts. We don’t collect any personal data through these links.
Sharing button for social media
This website has a share button to automatically post to your own social media account(s). We do not collect any data through this function. The share function is a third party plugin called JetPack by Automattic. Their privacy statement can be found at: https://automattic.com/privacy/
When we may share your data
We may also share your information without asking you if:
- the law says we must
- there is a risk of serious harm or threat to life.
We collect web statistics automatically about your visit to our site based on your IP address. This information is used to help us track what people are doing on the site so that we can improve it. We don’t use this information to identify you as an individual and you will remain anonymous, unless you identify yourself by completing a form or an online transaction. We use Google Analytics for this purpose, your IP address will be deleted from the Google server after 38 months. Google’s privacy statement is found here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We sometimes store small files called ‘cookies’ on your computer or other device to help improve your experience on the website. Our cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
How to see the information we hold about you
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you can ask us for the following information:
- confirmation that your personal data is being processed by the council
- a description and copy of the personal data
- the reasons why the data is being processed
- details of who we have, or might, give it to.
If you wish to see information held by the council about you, please make a data protection request.
Data Protection Notification
You may view the council’s Data Protection Notification by searching for our registration number – Z5873747 – on the Information Commissioner’s website.
Contact the data protection officer
Senior Data Protection Officer
Bristol City Council
ICT Commissioning and Information Governance
P O Box 3176