Many of the vacancies advertised on this website are frontline care and support worker positions. With training these jobs could lead to a wide range of future career opportunities, including:
- Working in specialist areas, for example dementia, learning difficulties, physical or sensory impairment, end of life care
- Team leading and management roles
- Moving into support areas, for example as a trainer or advisor
- Regulated roles like social work, nursing or counselling
For more information about different job roles and career paths, visit Skills for Care.
Social care and health services work closely together and during their careers people may cross from one area to the other. Read more about working in the health sector here.
The National Recruitment Campaign in response to COVID19
What to expect
We ask that all employers commit to our pledge. The aim of the Proud to Care Bristol Pledge is to encourage and promote a good and consistent quality of employment across Bristol for all care and support workers.
Proud to Care employers should:
- Celebrate your achievements.
- View you as a professional and treat you with respect.
- Look to provide further benefit, such as reward schemes, in addition to salary and statutory entitlements.
- Provide a full induction, meeting CQC Regulations where required, which may include the Care Certificate for those new to social care.
- Offer you regular supervision, at least every six weeks and more regularly (weekly or fortnightly) for new staff.
- Support and encourage your career progression.
- Foster a positive, safe and rewarding working environment.
- Be innovative and person centred, ensuring you can support people to live the best lives they can and to be as independent as possible.
- Recruit and retain people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes.
Researching your future employer:
- Some organisations are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and will have an inspection report and other information on their website. Look up those you are interested in working for.
- Look on their websites for their vision and values, do they match yours?