St Monica Trust
Working within one of our nursing care homes, as well as attending to the personal, spiritual and social needs of residents you'll also be able to spot and resolve problems and come up with creative ideas and activities tailored to individuals’ needs and interests.
Full time or part time. Minimum 3 nights per week on alternate weekend basis.
Our Care Assistants bring out the best in others, they recognise the likes and interests of our residents – ensuring person-centred care and living.
Every day is different. One moment you’ll be assisting residents with dressing or supporting the nurses with medication, the next you might be attending a social activity or escorting to a hospital appointment. Our Care Assistants tell us they thrive on the team bond and camaraderie that this role offers and our residents value the little touches that make them feel special.
A job description
- To assist residents with all aspects of personal care in accordance with their care plan and associated risk assessments.
- To ensure that meaningful activity is provided for residents throughout the day.
- To provide a person-centred meal and drink service as required on a day-to-day basis.
- To ensure that residents social and spiritual needs are acknowledged and met.
- Maintain appropriate electronic and paper records.
- Adherence to St. Monica Trust policies and procedures especially with regard to Moving and Handling,
- Health & Safety, Data Protection & Protection of Vulnerable Adults.
To protect your health and safety and the health and safety of our colleagues and the people we support, appointment to this role is conditional upon you having received a complete course of the COVID-19 vaccine unless medically exempt.Provider Details:
The St Monica Trust is a Bristol-based charity with a reputation for providing high quality accommodation and innovative care for older people. The Trust employs over 1,200 staff to ensure that they give the best support possible to those living in their retirement communities and care homes. In addition, the Trust’s Community Fund distributes funds and support to individuals, families and organisations across the region to help tackle issues that affect the lives of older people.About you:
Experience of working with older people and/or people with dementia would be desirable, but so long as you are able to provide personal care and have a genuine love of and compassion for people, we provide full training.
To apply for this job please visit itrent.stmonicatrust.org.uk.