St Monica Trust
This is an important and crucial role within our laundry service working as part of a team to ensure the provision of a reliable, efficient laundry collection and delivery service to residents and colleagues across various sites using a vehicle provided by the trust.
- 27.5 Hours per week working Monday to Friday 8am to 2pm
- (30 minute unpaid meal break).
- Our drivers typically work a 9 hour shift (normally 0700 to 1600) Monday to Saturday, with the ability and flexibility to support the porters with other tasks and shift cover however the required hours may vary according to the needs of the business.
- The Laundry Driver will be based at Cote Lane, Westbury on Trym and line managed by the on site Senior Porter.
- Experience of working with older people is desirable but not essential. Training is provided.
In this role you will provide a reliable and efficient laundry transport service to residents and colleagues. Maintaining a clean and safe working environment is essential in this position as is adhering to all Health and Safety regulations and legislation in relation to tasks undertaken with the understanding to report any situations which could be considered potentially hazardous, dangerous or an unsafe practice.
On a day to day basis this includes:
• Collection and removal of dirty laundry from allocated points
• Collection and returning of clean laundry and rails to allocated points
• Pack and store clean laundry
• Regular cleaning of laundry equipment, cages and bins
• Weekly cleaning of the laundry vehicle, both inside and out
• To drive the Trust’s vehicles as and when required
• Carry out daily/ weekly safety checks as directed by the Driving at Work and
Company Vehicle policy to ensure vehicles are roadworthy and legally compliant
• Regular / routine checking of e-mails and diary for additional requests for support
• Demonstrating compassion, patience and care at all times.
Current, clean driving licence is essential.
The St Monica Trust is a Bristol-based charity with a reputation for providing high quality accommodation and innovative care for older people. The Trust employs over 1,200 staff to ensure that they give the best support possible to those living in their retirement communities and care homes. In addition, the Trust’s Community Fund distributes funds and support to individuals, families and organisations across the region to help tackle issues that affect the lives of older people.About you:
Experience of working with older people is desirable but not essential. Training is provided.
To protect your health and safety and the health and safety of our colleagues and the people we support, appointment to this role is conditional upon you having received a complete course of the COVID-19 vaccine unless medically exempt
To apply for this job please visit itrent.stmonicatrust.org.uk.