Website The Huntercombe Group
The role of the Rehabilitation Assistant is very varied and no two days are the same! Rehabilitation Assistants are the core of our nursing team and make a real difference every day to our patient’s care and recovery. You will gain valuable experience working with a very friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team and will play an active part in supporting the Staff Nurses on each shift. You’ll have an opportunity to learn new nursing skills and progress and develop your nursing career. It’s a very rewarding and enjoyable job and at the end of a shift you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you helped a patient on their journey to greater independence.
The Rehabilitation Assistant role involves working as part of our nursing team to deliver individualised care to patients, implementing person-centred care plans and undertaking a broad range of nursing duties. Your main duties will be:
- To assist patients with all aspects of their personal care which includes: washing, bathing, dressing, continence and mouth care to maintain patient comfort.
- To assist patients in all aspects of their diet and fluid intake.
- To undertake 1:1 specialist nursing observations and assist Staff Nurses with vital physical observations.
- To provide verbal and written feedback to the Staff Nurses on each shift.
- In return we offer:
- A detailed induction programme tailored specifically to brain injury
- A very friendly and supportive team working environment
- NVQ and Care Certificate training
- Regular clinical supervision
- Pay structure with yearly increments
- A range of staff discounts
- Free staff parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
No formal qualifications required. We provide NVQ and Care Certificate training.
Previous healthcare experience in a Nursing Home, Community or hospital setting is all that is required
The Frenchay Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre is a 52 bed service for patients with complex neurological and traumatic brain injuries. We offer both intensive and slower stream specialist in-patient rehabilitation. Our vision is that our patients with the most complex conditions are surrounded with the expert care they need and the compassion they deserve to live a brighter future. Our values here at the hospital are that we are positively caring and believe in better, we are active learners and harness the power of our team.About you:
No formal qualifications are required. Some previous health care experience, a compassionate & caring nature, a flexible approach and good communication skills are the only qualities that you need to be a part of our team. We provide all the training you need for the role and will help and support you to learn new nursing skills and progress your nursing career.
Paid DBS check
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.